Raissa Recommends

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

What a month!

Hello Friends:


Well, I missed almost ALL of the events on my last posting due to a mini flu - thank God not the dreaded swine, but enough to have to have me cancel performances for the first time in my life. I'm thrilled that Gretchen Reinhagen will be reprising her Special Kaye show, so I can see it, and I'm praying that Cynthia Crane does the same with her Madoff Show.


But now I'm back and I'm BUSY. There is not enough time to see all the wonderful shows this month, but this week, here's where I'll be:


Last night I saw Jim Van Slyke do his Sedaka show for his Feinstein's debut. Neil Sedaka himself was there and introduced Jim, and we all had a great time. And by "we" I mean me, Garrett, Terese Genecco (catch her on 12/29 at the Iridium if you wanna ring out the old year right!) and her Mom, Sue, and the other singing surgeon, Nicole Kafka - not a bad table, huh? Jim was great and I was so happy to finally see this show, full of my some of my favorite songs.


Today, I sing at the Dutch Treat Gala luncheon, and then head to Susan Winters Sings Van Heusen at the Metropolitan Room. Tomorrow, I get to catch Sue Matsuki and Edd Clark's Fabulous Christmas Show at the First Baptist Church on 31st and Madison at 7 pm, then Ricky Ritzel's Hysterical Blondness at 9:45 (OMG!) at the Metropolitan Room. Thursday, I perform again, at the Big Night Out Holiday Extravaganza featuring a bunch of talented songwriters and singers for this special edition (no open mic) at Don't Tell Mama, hosted by Bill Zeffiro and Jennifer Wren. Be sure to click on the BNO link to see who's performing. I'll be singing the original Christmas song that Mark Janas and Peter Napolitano wrote just for me, "All I Can Give" - a beautiful new standard.


Sunday, SUNDAY (hear Al Roker's voice here...) I sing a Christmas concert in Westport, CT with my pal and super singer, Maureen Hamill, and then rush back to NYC to co-host the fabulous Salon hosted by Mark Janas and produced by Tanya Moberly, at Etc.Etc., 352 W. 44th. Our classy open mic is perfect at this new venue - I LOVE IT. A modest cash cover of $10 and a minium of $10 from their reasonable and fantastic menu/bar served by their attentive and friendly wait staff, makes the evening very pleasant and more reasonable than our former location.


The week after that is Christmas, and Christmas Eve is also our 12th wedding anniversary, and to celebrate, I'll be singing at our church, and then enjoying a potluck with all our Unity For Practical Spirituality pals. Then, Garrett and I will head home for our own quiet celebration with our pups, Brandy and Otie.


And while I'm at it, since the holidays are so nuts and I may not have a chance to post again, SAVE THE DATE - January 31st at 7 pm, I'll be reprising the show I recently did at Feinsteins, as a benefit for CABARET CARES at the Laurie Beechman Theatre. Stay tuned.


Sending love and light and many blessings to you all, during this season of love,

Raissa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home