Raissa Recommends

Monday, October 26, 2009

Raissa Recommends - week of 10/26/09

Hi Friends:

No time for fancy pictures this week - I'm on the run!

I'm not sure if I ended a great week, or began it, with the debut of Kathleen France's show, THE BOOK OF LOVE, last night. All I know, is that she is a gem, and reminded me, once again, of why we perform - because it is a gift to the audience and she gave and gave and entertained the heck out of us. Moving, funny, well-paced and directed by Lina Koutrakos and MD'd by Tracy Stark - this is a collaboration made in heaven. And is there ANYTHING Kathleen can't sing? I think not! Let's make her run this show over and over again.

Tonight, I'll be at the premiere of PINOCCHIO OF CHELSEA at 9:30 at the Beechman, a benefit for the worthy CABARET CARES/HELP IS ON THE WAY TODAY. Written by Mark Janas and Peter Napolitano, and starring a bevy of incredible talent, too numerous to list here - see my blog from last week!

Tomorrow night, Tues. - I'll be at the Iridium at 8 for TERESE GENECCO'S show and I have at least 2 friends coming with me. Two of my band members, Sean Harkness and Mayra Casales, will be joining T again - very excited.

Wed. night - DAVID COLBERT in HEDWIG AND THE ANGRY ITCH at New World Stages!!!!!

Thurs. night - DANNY LEARY as Patti Lupone at the 92nd St. Y Tribeca, 200 Hudson Street - I can't wait to see this.

Come with me - and bring friends - there's lots of other stuff too, but there's only so much one woman can do....

Love and Light,
Raissa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home